Geauga County Job and Family Services
12611 Ravenwood Drive; Chardon, OH 44024
Eligibility/Referral Specialist 2
Full time, classified civil service
$17.06/hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Friendly work culture
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 11 paid holidays per calendar year
- No-cost life insurance coverage
- Excellent rates on medical, dental, and prescription coverage (or waiver option)
Hours of work:
8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Geauga County Job and Family Services is seeking a numbers-oriented individual to join our Income Maintenance team. This position primarily determines eligibility and manages a client caseload for public assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, and other publicly funded programs. Preferred candidates will have experience determining eligibility for financial/credit assistance, social services, or employment assistance.
Job duties include but are not limited to: interviewing public assistance applicants in person and over the phone, utilizing databases to document information, creating budgets unique to each assistance group, gathering relevant verifications, authorizing or denying client benefits according to Ohio laws and regulations, and referring clients to alternative services or community partners to help meet their needs.
Strict adherence to State-determined deadlines and excellent time management skills are musts. The successful candidate is also organized, comfortable using a PC for data entry and other common functions, and able to build rapport and communicate professionally with clients from all walks of life.
- 1+ year(s) experience as an Eligibility/Referral Specialist 1; or 1+ year(s) experience in a
position similar to an Eligibility/Referral Specialist 1 and 2+ years of related coursework
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and good driving record
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and FBI/BCI&I background checks
How to apply:
Geauga County Job and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.