Geauga County Job and Family Services
12480 Ravenwood Drive; Chardon, OH 44024
Child Advocacy Program Case Worker/SSW2
Full time, classified civil service
$18.97/hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Friendly work culture
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 10 paid holidays per calendar year
- No-cost life insurance coverage
- Excellent rates on medical, dental, and prescription coverage (or waiver option) available
Hours of work:
8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, some evening/weekend hours as needed. Participates in weekend on call rotation.
Geauga County Job and Family Services is seeking a dynamic team player to join our Child Protective Services’ team. This employee primarily acts as a first responder, in the Child Advocacy Center’s multi-disciplinary team response to child sexual abuse. He or she must be experienced in working with children in need of protective services, or counseling persons who have experienced abuse/neglect.
Job duties include but are not limited to: interviewing involved parties, utilizing databases to document information, implementing case and safety plans, conducting home visits, transporting clients, attending and testifying in court, and collaborating with community partners to meet families’ needs. This position is required to respond to the after-hours emergency COPEline in rotation with other caseworkers.
Strict adherence to deadlines is a must along with professional communication and writing skills. The successful candidate is resourceful, comfortable in crisis intervention, and able to quickly engage and build rapport with others.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or a closely related field
- 1+ year(s) experience in Child Protective Services or other social/human services field, or UPP completion
- Willingness to work with service animals
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and good driving record
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and FBI/BCI&I background checks