Geauga County Job and Family Services
12480 Ravenwood Drive; Chardon, OH 44024
Social Services Supervisor 1
Full time, classified civil service
$25.38–$27.41 hourly based on qualifications and experience
- Friendly work culture
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 11 paid holidays per calendar year
- No-cost life insurance coverage
- Excellent rates on medical, dental, and prescription coverage (or waiver option) available
Hours of work:
8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., also some weekend and evening work
Geauga County Job and Family Services is seeking a lead-by-example individual to supervise a team of Intake/Assessment Case Workers. He or she must have two or more years of experience working with children/adults in need of protective services and must also hold a baccalaureate degree or higher in Social Services or a closely related field. LSW credentials are highly valued, though not required.
The Social Services Supervisor 1 provides direct supervision to the Intake/Assessment team, and is primarily responsible for assigning and monitoring cases that concern child or elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation. Job duties include but are not limited to: training, screening abuse/neglect reports, and managing case workers who provide crisis intervention services to abused/neglected children, elders, and their families.
Strict adherence to deadlines is a must along with professional communication and writing skills. The successful candidate is team focused and supportive, comfortable in crisis intervention, and able to quickly engage and build positive relationships with clients and supervisees of all backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or a closely related field
- 2+ year(s) experience in Child or Adult Protective Services or other protective services field
- Prior supervisory experience and LSW preferred
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and good driving record
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and FBI/BCI&I background checks
How to apply: