Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, OMJ Geauga has put together the following resources to assist you during this time.
The Career Center is closed to the public.
We will be providing remote services.
How do I connect with job seeking services?
If you have an immediate need, you can call 440-285-1116 and leave your full name and contact information, and a Career Center Instructor will call you as soon as possible.
What do we mean by remote services?
- Remote access to services includes communicating with Career Center staff via:
- Telephone: 440-285-1116
- Email: email@example.com
- Our staff has the ability to communicate through email for any needed documentation
- Please note: Our staff does not have the ability to answer unemployment questions.
- Hours: Staff hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am - 3:30pm
Remote job seeker services include:
- Resume development, interview assistance, and Linkedin profile set up
- Participating in Basic Intake and Eligibility Determination to begin your job search and training application.
- Participating in Initial Assessment
- Participating in job seeking skill assistance, job matching, job referral, connect with open job orders and hiring employers, and other services you and your Career Center Instructor's determine appropriate for your employment and/or training needs.
- OhioMeansJobs - Geauga County: https://www.geaugajfs.org/omj-geauga-county
- OhioMeansJobs- http://www.ohiomeansjobs.com/
- Unemployment Compensation (UC) Information FAQ: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/CoronavirusAndUI.stm
- UI Adjudication Phone Numbers by SSN: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/claims-processing-center-locations.stm
(Keep handy for future reference for existing UC claims)
- Ohio Governor Dewine: https://governor.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/governor/home
- Ohio CoronaVirus: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19
- Geauga County Food Pantries: https://www.foodpantries.org/ci/oh-chardon
- Geauga County Health Department: http://gphohio.org/
- Geauga County Public Library: http://divi.geaugalibrary.net/
Our Career Center/Resource Room, located at 12480 Ravenwood Dr, is open to the public 8:00am to 4:15pm Weekdays, excluding Federal Holidays. This computer lab includes Internet access, telephone, fax and printing service. Weekly workshops are regularly scheduled: days and times are posted. Qualified staff from Auburn Career Center are typically available for assistance Tuesday to Friday from 8am to 3:30pm. Visitors must first check in with the receptionist.
12480 Ravenwood Dr.
8:00am to 4:15pm Weekdays
Excluding Federal Holidays
Staff From Auburn Career Center
Available for assistance
Tuesday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm