OhioMeansJobs Geauga and Lake Counties, along with Geauga Growth Partnership, will host a virtual job fair, on May 4th, 2021 from 11:30am-2:30pm. Participating job seekers will include students from Auburn Career Center, iSTEM, Geauga county high schools, recent graduates, and adults seeking new opportunities.
Employers from Geauga and Lake counties are seeking employees for full-time, part-time, and seasonal jobs, as well as internships and apprenticeships.
Geauga high school students can find out more information from their participating school.
If you are an adult job seeker, please call OhioMeansJobs Geauga County at 440-285-1116 for more information, or register online:
OhioMeansJobs Geauga County is providing job seeking services via remote/virtual appointments and, if needed, in-person appointments at OhioMeansJobs Geauga Career Center, located at 12480 Ravenwood Drive in Chardon.
To contact a Career Instructor, please call 440-285-1116, or email: Lisa.Sprowls@jfs.ohio.gov or Jodi.Clute@jfs.ohio.gov. The OMJ Career Center is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. (Not available from 12 pm - 1 pm for a lunch break.)
To virtually connect with a Career Center Instructor, please see the following:
On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 8 am - 3:30 pm, connect with Jodi. (Not available from 12 pm - 1 pm for lunch break.)
On Thursday & Friday, 8 am - 3:30 pm, connect with Lisa. (Not available from 12 pm - 1 pm for lunch break.)
When you join via video, the Career Instructor may be helping with other clients. If your call is not answered quickly, please call the Career Center at 440-285-1116, leave a message and one of our Career Instructors will return your call. You can also send an email to Lisa.Sprowls@jfs.ohio.gov or Jodi.Clute@jfs.ohio.gov. Please note: This is a public forum. The Career Instructor will gather your information and determine if an appointment will need to be scheduled.
- When connecting from a computer, choose "Join on the web" and follow the prompts.
- When connecting from your cell phone, you will need to download the "Teams App". A link will be provided. Follow the prompts to connect. Once you download the app, you will not need to do this should you choose to connect in the future.
Appointments will be based on availability.
What do we mean by remote/virtual services?
- Remote access to services includes communicating with Career Center staff via:
- Telephone: 440-285-1116
- Email: email@example.com; or Jodi.Clute@jfs.ohio.gov
- Our staff has the ability to communicate through email for any needed documentation
- Please note: Our staff does not have the ability to answer Unemployment Insurance (Compensation) questions.
- Hours: Staff hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am - 3:30pm. Closed 12 - 1pm for lunch hour.
Remote/virtual job seeker services include:
- Resume development, interview assistance, and Linkedin profile set up
- Participating in Basic Intake and Eligibility Determination to begin your job search and training application.
- Participating in Initial Assessment
- Participating in job seeking skill assistance, job matching, job referral, connect with open job orders and hiring employers, and other services you and your Career Center Instructor's determine appropriate for your employment and/or training needs.
- OhioMeansJobs - Geauga County: https://www.geaugajfs.org/omj-geauga-county
- OhioMeansJobs- http://www.ohiomeansjobs.com/
- Unemployment Compensation (UC) Information FAQ: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/CoronavirusAndUI.stm
- UI Adjudication Phone Numbers by SSN: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/claims-processing-center-locations.stm
(Keep handy for future reference for existing UC claims)
- Ohio Governor Dewine: https://governor.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/governor/home
- Ohio CoronaVirus: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19
- Geauga County Food Pantries: https://www.foodpantries.org/ci/oh-chardon
- Geauga County Health Department: http://gphohio.org/
- Geauga County Public Library: http://divi.geaugalibrary.net/
Our Career Center/Resource Room, located at 12480 Ravenwood Dr, is open to the public 8:00am to 4:15pm Weekdays, excluding Federal Holidays. This computer lab includes Internet access, telephone, fax and printing service. Weekly workshops are regularly scheduled: days and times are posted. Qualified staff from Auburn Career Center are typically available for assistance Tuesday to Friday from 8am to 3:30pm. Visitors must first check in with the receptionist.
12480 Ravenwood Dr.
8:00am to 4:15pm Weekdays
Excluding Federal Holidays
Staff From Auburn Career Center
Available for assistance
Tuesday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm