OhioMeansJobs Geauga County - Social Services Job Fair
Thursday, September 30, 2021 from 3:30pm - 6:30pm
Attend In Person: 470 Center Street – Building 8, Chardon, OH 44024
Attend Virtually: Virtual Job Fair
Preview jobs beginning on September 13, 2021
Visit us on Facebook: OhioMeansJobs Geauga County
Access the Job Fair HERE
The OhioMeansJobs Geauga (OMJG) Career Center is now open for walk-in services. OMJG provides job seeking services via virtual, scheduled or walk-in appointments. Located inside the Geauga County Job & Family Services building (at 12480 Ravenwood Drive in Chardon), the OMJG Career Center is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. (Not available from 12 pm - 1 pm for a lunch break.)
In-person and/or virtual job seeker services include: resume development, interview assistance, LinkedIn profile set up, job seeking assistance, and other services appropriate for your employment and/or training needs.
To contact a Career Instructor, please call 440-285-1116, or email: Jodi.Clute@jfs.ohio.gov (Monday – Wednesday); Jody.Williams@jfs.ohio.gov (Wednesday – Friday); or Lisa.Sprowls@jfs.ohio.gov (Thursday – Friday).
Please note: Our staff does not have the ability to answer Unemployment Insurance (Compensation) questions.
To virtually connect with a Career Center Instructor:
On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 8 am - 3:30 pm, connect with Jodi. (Not available from 12 pm - 1 pm for lunch break.) Click here to virtually connect with Career Instructor - Jodi Clute
On Thursday & Friday, 8 am - 3:30 pm, connect with Lisa. (Not available from 12 pm - 1 pm for lunch break.) Click here to virtually connect with Career Instructor - Lisa Sprowls
When you join via video, the Career Instructor may be helping with other clients. If your call is not answered quickly, please call the Career Center at 440-285-1116, leave a message and one of our Career Instructors will return your call. You can also send an email to Lisa.Sprowls@jfs.ohio.gov or Jodi.Clute@jfs.ohio.gov or Jody.Williams@jfs.ohio.gov. Please note: This is a public forum. The Career Instructor will gather your information and determine if an appointment will need to be scheduled.
- When connecting from a computer, choose "Join on the web" and follow the prompts.
- When connecting from your cell phone, you will need to download the "Teams App". A link will be provided. Follow the prompts to connect. Once you download the app, you will not need to do this should you choose to connect in the future.
- OhioMeansJobs - Geauga County: https://www.geaugajfs.org/omj-geauga-county
- OhioMeansJobs- http://www.ohiomeansjobs.com/
- Unemployment Compensation (UC) Information FAQ: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/CoronavirusAndUI.stm
- UI Adjudication Phone Numbers by SSN: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/claims-processing-center-locations.stm
- Ohio Governor Dewine: https://governor.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/governor/home
- Ohio CoronaVirus: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19
- Geauga County Food Pantries: https://www.foodpantries.org/ci/oh-chardon
- Geauga County Health Department: http://gphohio.org/
- Geauga County Public Library: http://divi.geaugalibrary.net/
Our Career Center/Resource Room, located at 12480 Ravenwood Dr, is open to the public 8:00am to 4:15pm Weekdays, excluding Federal Holidays. This computer lab includes Internet access, telephone, fax and printing service. Weekly workshops are regularly scheduled: days and times are posted. Qualified staff from Auburn Career Center are typically available for assistance Tuesday to Friday from 8am to 3:30pm. Visitors must first check in with the receptionist.
12480 Ravenwood Dr.
8:00am to 4:15pm Weekdays
Excluding Federal Holidays
Staff From Auburn Career Center
Available for assistance
Tuesday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm