Geauga County Department of Job & Family Services
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
Please read the following information before completing our application.
- There is no guarantee of a job offer or job interview by completing our employment application. Your application will be considered with others who have submitted applications for the same job opportunity, and decisions about interviews will be based on this comparison.
- This application form must be completely filled out, signed and dated, or you cannot be considered for employment. Please complete all required fields as indicated with a red astrisk and additional fields that apply.You have not applied for any positions until you successfully click submit at the end of the application.
- All questions must be answered. Responding with “see resume”, “see attached” or “available upon request” is not acceptable.
- If the information provided on our application cannot be satisfactorily verified by employment reference checks, your application could be considered incomplete.
- We cannot accept or maintain unsolicited applications. Applications are filed according to specific job opportunities and a new application must be completed for each posted job opportunity.
- Due to the large number of applications received and the competitive nature of our employment process, specific reasons for employment decisions will not be released.
- By completing our employment application, you may be subject to the following checks:
- Employment reference check from previous employer(s) and from current employer
- Criminal record check
- Drug screen, alcohol screen, and/or pre-placement physical exam
- Abstract driving record
- Personal references
- Educational degrees
- The offer of employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, alcohol screen, background investigation, criminal record check, valid and acceptable driving record, physical, psychological, and polygraph tests.
- The Geauga County Department of Job & Family Services, its representatives, members, or agents will contact and obtain information from all references (personal and professional), employers, public agencies, licensing authorities, and educational institutions to verify the accuracy of information provided in the application.
- The information contained in your application for employment may be a public record.
- Typically, this application can take at least 30 minutes to complete.