Geauga County Job and Family Services
12480 Ravenwood Drive; Chardon, OH 44024
Social Services Worker 2
Full time, classified civil service
$20.25/hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Friendly work culture
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 10 paid holidays per calendar year
- No-cost life insurance coverage
- Excellent rates on medical, dental, and prescription coverage (or waiver option) available
Hours of work:
8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, evening/weekend hours on call as required
Geauga County Job and Family Services is seeking a social services professional to join our family preservation team. Primarily, this position provides direct services to children and families on an ongoing, long-term basis in the home and community, using various approaches to help, support, and advocate for those on his/her caseload.
Job duties include but are not limited to: implementing case plans, conducting home visits, transporting clients, attending and testifying in court, utilizing databases to document information, and collaborating with community partners to meet families’ needs. This position is required to respond to the after-hours emergency COPEline in rotation with other caseworkers after successfully completing the probationary period.
Strict adherence to deadlines is a must along with professional communication and writing skills. The successful candidate is resourceful, comfortable in crisis intervention, and able to quickly engage and build rapport with clients and other professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or a closely related field
- 1+ year(s) experience in Child Protective Services or similar social/human services field
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and good driving record
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and FBI/BCI&I background checks
How to apply: